Up to CAD $30,000
Master's Scholarship Program
Scholarship to complete a two-year Masters’ program at an academic institution outside of Asia. Recipients are matched with mentors and academic advisors throughout their period of study and receive soft skills and leadership training.
The purpose of the Ching Tien Scholarship is supporting outstanding young women from Asia to pursue international master’s programs. Through their experiences abroad, scholarship students are encouraged to learn about different cultures, gain global experiences, open their minds and broaden their horizons. Scholarship funding is intended to support learning experiences to ensure scholarship recipients cultivate the skills and experiences they need to become strong and confident leaders in their professional fields, and in the societies, they live in.
Master’s scholarship recipients commit to giving back through community engagement, and volunteering. All graduates undertake a capstone “Pay It Forward” project, marking their first step towards making a positive impact in their communities and in the world.
- BA degree
- Accepted by a university outside of Asia
- Minimum two years of working experience
- Minimum 100 hours of volunteer work
- Proof of financial need
- 5 – 10% of scholarship funding must be used to learn a new skill/hobby not related to one’s field of academic study
- Research and identify a local cause, volunteer a minimum of 100 hours, and write a research paper detailing one’s findings and experiences
- Maintain strong academic results
- Post-graduation, commit to mentoring an incoming Ching Tien Scholarship recipient for a period of one year
Learn more about our Master’s Scholarship Program.
Applications are open year round. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Language and Leadership Development
Up to CAD $6,000
Summer language and leadership learning program for university-age young women at Canadian partner universities to gain global perspectives, gain confidence, and build relevant skills for personal and professional advancement.
Applications are open until March 31 each year. Please contact email@example.com to apply.
- Senior undergraduate student with strong academic achievement
- English level of IELTS 5.5 and above
- Volunteer experience
- Demonstrated desire and skills to become a leader
- Proof of financial need
Ching Tien Foundation Training Programs and Annual Forum
The Ching Tien Foundation Forum will be held on an annual basis to raise awareness for the foundation’s work and extend personal development opportunities to benefit a larger number of young women including Ching Tien Foundation scholarship recipients, alumni and potential scholarship recipients.
Additionally, online and in person workshops and training sessions will be offered periodically to provide aspiring women leaders from around the world with leadership and personal development focused opportunities. The Forums, workshops and training programs will be led by prominent leaders in their field from around the world.
Follow us on social media for updates!
The Ching Tien Foundation provides consulting and advisory services to social entrepreneurs and organizations in the process of building grassroots programs for the advancement of women and girls through education.
- What are some important considerations to keep in mind when developing your program?
- What measures can be put in place to maximize the success of your initiative?
- How can you measure and track your success?
- What considerations are important to protecting the best interests and integrity of the community you support?